Friday, February 29, 2008



The kitchen is once again alive, the pulse provided by Gary, and two more cakes are the life blood. We all benefit! Restraint is slipping; obviously there are no more Lemon Bars, and Gary does absolutely nothing to help me. He even let me lick the spoon and bowl, but I draw the line at the beaters. My southern Mama would be so happy to see her boy, once again ears deep in a bowl of Chocolate Cake batter. Beyond shaming myself with that gluttonous display I also sampled Curtis' Strawberry & Blueberry Tart...you should too! From the oven comes two:


Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cake $2.00 per piece


Raspberry and Orange Zest Cake $2.00 per piece


I can of course attest to the quality of the uncooked Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, but that doesn't speak to the tantilizing moist chocolaty goodness that occurs when the magic of thermodynamics is put to the batter. If you were lucky enough to sample the Raspberry and Orange Zest Cake last week you will want to hurry back, and if you missed it then well hustle down and don't miss it this time. Thanks to Ellen and Cody for picking up two (2) cake plates to house today's yield.

No comments: