Sunday, September 28, 2008

Calm After The Storm

A much different sky yesterday, photo is 2007's start.


The grey skies couldn't deter the many hard-core runners and cyclists yesterday. Mackie reported sixty (60) riders competed in the Revenge of the Rattlesnake Ultra Bicycle Race, a very good turnout. The Tour of Davis 5K garnered over three hundred (300) registrants! Wow, Charlie and I didn't stand a chance. Charlie tanked before the gun sounded, practically sleeping in my arms pre-race and I was forced to shuttle him around the course via our trusty jogging stroller. Maybe next year I can coax him to run the entire event. I did train with him this summer and Charlie is up to running a mile and a half, a great achievement that I hope will come to fruition with a race completion next year. The hectic and rainy yesterday has yielded to a calming and pleasant drizzle, a perfect day for napping or enjoying the company of our neighbors in the White Room.

No comments: