Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Fat Tuesday


What a day of dichotomy, on the one hand you have depraved, debased, and debauched, drunken fools and on the other you have Mardi Gras revelers. In the nether regions from whence we hail Mardi Gras is a big deal. Chloe especially loved the parades. Pirates, pink girls, drag queens, and the mayor all throwing moon pies, candy, and plastic jewelry. What's not to like? Curtis balked at our suggestion that he should bake moon pies, so alas, you will have to settle for cinnamon rolls. He was right not to trust us. If you have been seeing plastic necklaces around town you can thank us. I ordered a bulk of Mardi Gras beads and have been trying to get them out through our shop and through Hellbenders, thanks Rob. I know, I know, we've all seen the commercial for "Girls Gone Wild", some of you may have watched and some (gasp!) may have been featured, but we are not necessarily condoning flashing. I'm going to let this train of thought trail off since I know my in-laws and my mother read these, so come to the shop for further discussion.

Good luck to Mackie who is in Charleston, WV as a delegate for Ron Paul. I can't wait to hear what that was like. Our friends and neighbors John and Amy told me they are planning to have a party to announce their endorsement of a candidate. I thinks that's a great idea. HypnoCoffee officially endorses Franklin D. Roosevelt. The man handled an economic depression and a war, sound familiar? I realize there is a problem with his being dead, but we can work around that. He left decades of documents, speeches, legislation, interviews, biographies, etc. With that data we can build an algorithm, then simply feed in the crisis and an intelligent and reasoned response will be given. It will be a fresh and erudite change.

No comments: