Thursday, March 20, 2008

Free At Last!



Finally, Chris will be allowed to realize his dream of being an interpretive dancer thanks to his skills at Sudoku! It seems a bit convoluted but bear with me; Chris is a whiz at Sudoku and the warden fancies himself a Sudoku genius as well. Apparently the warden's imagined skills with Sudoku got him into online Sudoku competitions, which led to wagers, which led to some loss of his salary and hot water with the Miss's. Enter Chris, a Sudoku player with kung-fu like skills, his speed and accuracy were noted by the warden during the Cell Block D "puzzle day." A deal made, a competition won, money reclaimed, and a happy wife got Chris paroled! Welcome back to society my friend; I know it may seem like a police state on the outside right now but I am sure that will mellow out before too long.


Chris' first day of freedom also saw Old Man Winter making another grab for us. Last night I went for a run with Chloe and Matt in shorts and I awoke this morning to snow. I'm sure it is merely a reminder that Spring doesn't come that easy for us mountain top dwellers. Maybe another "spring" seeing our children digging through snow to find their Easter eggs is what we need to put us back in our place.


Friday brings Curtis with fresh ideas regarding catering this spring and summer so tune back in for updates on how you can eat like I do! Gary struggled with, but managed to bring our new jam display case into the shop. We are just about ready for Biscuits and Jam, so I expect to see you here. Don't forget to congratulate Chris on his exodus, but don't move to quickly around him. You can take the man out of prison, but you can't take the prison out of the man.


2 comments:

gary said...

so...the wardens happy wife got Chris off...and don't be dropp'in any bagels.... is that right? LOL

HypnoBlog said...

Am I to expect these gutter-snipe comments everytime I write about Chris' jail time? I was counting on a more erudite comment from you Gary, for Shame!